Saturday, February 26, 2011

Inspiration

The layout for today's card came from the sketch challenge over on the Wild Orchid Challenge blog. As for the color scheme, read on....

Next to pink and brown, aqua and brown is probably my favorite color combination. And, I sort of pride myself on not always using traditional colors in my Christmas cards. However, "aqua and brown as Christmas card color combo" is a new one even for me.


Supplies: Give a Little (TCP), dark brown cs (Bazzill), brown dp (My Minds Eye), blue floral print & bg paper from The Citrus Stack (DCWV), white cs (PTI), Copics, border punch (Fiskars), rhinestones (Michaels) and dark brown ribbon.

The inspiration for this unusual combination came from the recent photo inspiration challenge (TCP145) on The Cats' Pajamas blog, Dancing in Pajamas. When I was thinking over which of my TCP stamps to use for this challenge, I immediately thought of the little brown bear from the "Give a Little Set". He's so cute, he looks good no matter what color scheme he finds himself in! :)
Lisa

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Such a cute image!

Kathy said...

Pretty color combo and the papers are so pretty! That image is adorable too!
Thanks so much for joining us at WOC!
:)Kathy