Friday, September 26, 2008

Rounding up some money for a good cause

Ali's school has a Relay for Life team and they always have fun events throughout the school year for the kids to help raise money. Yesterday was "Western Day". The kids got to dress up in Western wear if they brought in 25 cents. Here's my little cowgirl:


Daddy braided her hair. He did a good job, didn't he? (Sad to say, I am pretty inept at hair stuff.)

I did my own good deed yesterday and I gave blood at a blood drive at the school where I work. (And got this t-shirt.) I've wanted to donate again and it was just so convenient having it at work. Once again, my "slow bleeding-ness" made me the object of a little extra scrutiny, though. At one point, I had 3 blood collection techs watching my blood drip into the bag. (Were they trying to will it to flow a little faster? lol)

Visit the Red Cross "Give Life" donation site to find a blood drive near you. It doesn't take long (especially once you do it and get a donor card) and doesn't cost you a thing. A very easy way to make a difference and save a life!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Ali looks so cute in her cowgirl outfit! I need to get back into donating blood. In high school and college I used to give all the time.