Sunday, April 21, 2013

Trying a Tri-Shutter Card

I recently bought my first Yumi and Fumi stamps and couldn't wait to use on in the current challenge - Multiple Folds. I had a lot of luck with my post-it note easel card so I decided to be brave and try a tri-shutter card.


Supplies: Yumi (Yumi and Fumi Handmade), Indie Chic - Saffron 6x6 pad (MME), flowers (from my stash), pearls (Recollections), Copic markers, pink and brown cs (Hobby Lobby).

Here's Yumi closeup. Isn't she adorable? I love her little hoodie. :)


I just bought the MME paper and the pearls last week and I was happy that I used them so quickly. (I am a bit of a hoarder!) I really love using paper pads for projects like this because you have a wealth of papers that all coordinate well.

Here's a overview shot so you can see what the card looks like unfolded.


Cool huh? It was actually pretty easy to put together thanks to the great tutorial that I found on Splitcoaststampers: Tri-Shutter Card.

I'm also entering my card into the "Brown, Pink and Gold" challenge on Come and Get It Challenges.

Well, so much for my super crafty weekend. This was the only card I made. :(  I'll be back on Friday with a card for the next Sister Act Card Challenge, though!
Lisa


3 comments:

Danni said...

I knew you'd rock these stamps!! Super duper fabulous card!! You're amazing!

Leanne said...

Ahhh!! Lisa this is fabulous!! I love the paper coordination and the colors you chose! Wow, so cute! I think I tried this a fold a long time ago! Way to bring it back! And as for your using Yumi right away, wow that's pretty awesome. So glad you had fun with her. Great share!
As Danni said, you're amazing!
Thanks for joining our Multiple Folds challenge at Yumi & Fumi Handmade! Good luck! Oh and thanks for sharing it on our FB fan page.
:D

Sarah said...

Such a cute image! I love the tri-fold card, it's awesome!! I have to give that a try.