Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!


Well, who knew Jessica, my 13 year old, (who only just decided she was even giving Valentines) would decide she was giving Valentines to the world? When Jess set aside lollipops for Alison to include with her Valentines, she forgot to allow one for Ms. Dunn, Alison's teacher whom she adores. (And, considering the changes we've seen in Ali in school, we pretty much adore her, too! lol)

So I needed a quick little Valentine gift and this is what I made:

If you spend much time checking out stampers' blogs or shopping online, you probably know that little silver candy tins with clear lids (sometimes called "nugget tins") are very hot right now. Luckily, I had bought a package of the tins that debuted in the new Angel Company catalog. I gathered up some supplies and some M&Ms and put this little gift together in no time flat.
TAC supplies: square tin, tag punch (I *love* that punch!), heart stamp from Mini-Sampler, Moulin Rouge and Noir Palette inks, Prismacolor pencils. Other: Valentines paper from Target, ribbon from Hobby Lobby and greeting stamp by Hero Arts. (Yeah, I know it's not an Angel Company stamp, but it's so darn cute.;-) )

I used redline (super tacky) tape to adhere the bottom strip of paper (15/16" wide) to the bottom of the tin. I used my beloved 3M Tacky glue to adhere the thin (3/16") inch wide strip around the lid. I would say both worked well. I used M&Ms in my tin, but you could fill it with paper clips, mints, coins or whatever else suits your fancy (and your recipient).

Here are two other views of the tin:

Happy Valentines' Day!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That is so cute, I bet she loved it!