Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lilac & Lemon and a Sketch

Crafting time has been hard to find this week. I worked at a school baseball tournament on Monday and last night we had a "double header" of our own - Ali's school musical and Jessica's band concert. I did manage, though, to make a card tonight that combined two different challenges. I always feel like I've accomplished something extra when I can say that!


This card combines the color challenge on DareU2Digistamp - Lilac & Lemon and the sketch challenge over on Card Positioning Systems. All the DareU2Digitstamp challenges require the use of a digital stamp, so I used one of my favorites - Lilly from Digistamp Boutique. I've made a concerted effort to cut down on the amount of scraps I have, so the papers are all just grabbed from my scrap collection.

Here's Ali and her friends at their play, a musical about the early American history. There were a lot of songs and lines to memorize and the kids did a great job.


And here's Jess after her concert for a goodbye snapshot with her band director, Mr. Sweeney.


(Gosh, she's getting so grown up. Yikes.)

9 comments:

Louise said...

This card is adorable! Great job!

Jenny said...

I like the color combo you did for DU2DS! Jenny

Diana said...

GREAT card!! You colored her so awesome!

I can't believe how grown up the girls are. I can't imagine my kids getting so grown up!!

Danni said...

Great card! Love those colors together!

Anonymous said...

oh your card is over the top adorable! love it! I have three grown, married daughters...oh, it happens so fast! boo!
Pam Going Postal

Chelsea said...

love your card ... it's so springy ... great color combo

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful work - your colouring is perfect and I love your depth of colour!

Elise said...

SUCH a ceeeute card! She really looks like your girl! Wow! Great job on the color combo, sketch challenge, etc.

Create It Simply said...

Your card is very cute! Love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at CPS :)