Monday, May 25, 2009

Pretty Please?

I have two requests for you all... First, I'd like you to check out the new Stampin' Out Alzheimer's site. It was started by Jen Tapler to raise money for the Alzheimer's Association - 100% of all funds will go to help with their efforts to provide and enhance care and support for all those affected by this heartbreaking disease. Please consider making a donation and joining this cause. There will be lots of fun challenges and giveaways this week, as well.

My second request isn't quite so selfless. ;-) I submitted a card as my entry in the FREE-FOR-ALL challenge on the Southern Bella site. At 10:01 PM EDT tomorow (Tuesday, May 26th), voting will begin on the Southern Bella site amd I would really appreciate your vote! Here's my card, made with my brand spankin' new Ketto stamp:

I am so bad! I actually bought this paper specifically to use with my new Kettos - before they had even arrived! :-) The flower paper just made me think of Ketto hairstyles and flowers.

Here's a closeup shot of her glittery crown and wings:


I colored in her crown with a silver Sandford Uniball gel pen and added Icicle Stickles on little "gems" on top of her crown. On her wings, I used my trusty Sakura glue pen with some ultra fine glitter. The ribbon I used also has a shimmer to it. I think Maisy Ketto is just the kind of girl to appreciate some glitter. :)

Supplies: Maisy Ketto (Stamping Bella), CM Shapemaker - oval template (Creative Memories), Nestabilities scalloped oval die (Spellbinder), Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, Icicle Stickles, ultra fine glitter, dp from The Paper Studio, cardstock - various sources (Bazzill, Papertrey Ink, Martha Stewart, The Paper Company), ribbon from Michaels, Dress It Up heart shaped buttons (Jesse James).

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

cute cute image ... love all of the details!

Barb said...

Just adorable! I love that line of stamps, but I have resisted purchasing so far... hmmm..... enabler!

Karen I said...

Cute card. thanks for the info about it. I might just have to get those stamps.