Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Red cards

I made a set of cards for my Mom as part of her Christmas present. No two are the same, but they're all predominantly red - her favorite color. Here are my 4 favorites.


The scroll paper is from a discontinued Basic Grey collection. I love that paper and was really bummed when they discontinued it. :-(



I love this Bella stamp! I had to buy it the last time I placed a Bella order. I wish the lighting on this had been a little better. DH just bought me some new stuff for photographing my cards and I'm still getting used to it. Anyway, this card is made with 2 of my favorite cardstocks from The Angel Company - Scarlet and Brown. Both are such deep, rich colors! The Scarlet is very heavy and crisp - it takes such a gorgeous impression in my Cuttlebug. (It's hard to see, but I used the swirl folder on the red layer.)



This is one of my favorite all-time Angel Company stamps, Gerbera Daisy. I think it's fun to color and it's such a generic image that I can use it for a lot of different cards.



I think Bikeabella is so much fun! I love the little dog in her bicycle basket. :-) Hmmm, I don't think that would work with Dixie (my 70+ pound lab)! I absolutely love the striped paper, but it's something I found in the dollar spot at Target a few years ago, so I will never see it again. Bummer.

2 comments:

Danni said...

Great cards! Gerbera Daisy is such a great image, you did a great job coloring it!!
I know your mom will love all of these!

Courtney said...

Those are adorable cards!