Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ice, Ice, Baby!

Ugh! Winter hasn't even officially started and I am already ready for it to be over! We are getting some frozen precipitation tonight and they've already had to close off highways in the areas due to accidents. It was definitely time to do some stamping to get my mind off all of this miserable weather we're having!


TAC Supplies: Happily Grateful stamp set, TAC's Ivory, Willoughby SWIC, Brown and Khaki cardstocks, Bazzill green cardstocks, Pallette inks in  Burnt Umber and Jardin Moss, Lemonade Buttons & Blossoms embellishment kit. Other supplies: Labels 1 Nestabilities, distressing tool, paper piercing tool (Making Memories), circle punch (Creative Memories) twine, scalloped die (Cuttlebug).

I sponged my favorite brown ink (Burnt Umber Palette ink) around the image and edges of the base card to help "age" the card. The Angel Company is having an AWESOME promotion on Palette inks right now - buy the ink pad and get the refill FREE! Gotta love free. :) For details, see this: BOGO Ink. Email me if you're interested in taking advantage of this great offer.

This card was inspired by one that I saw today while I was blog hopping. (I thought I saw it on Laurie Schmidlen's Just Give Me Stmaps blog, but I didn't. I really have to start writing down where I find these things!) If I figure it out, I'll update this post. (I like to give credit where credit is due!)

I'm off to check the "Ice Tracker" and head to bed! I hope they manage to get down enough salt & cinders on the road tonight.

1 comment:

mulberry station said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the simplicity. Great colors and design. I was looking at your other pictures and it does look pretty cold out your way. It is still quit mild here. But, it does look like it could snow out there today. Hope yu have a wonderful Christmas!
Hugs, Nancy