Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tic Tac Toe!

Another birthday card for my stash! The Designed to Color gals are having a birthday celebration event on Facebook. Day 2's challenge was to make a card using 3 elements in a row from this tic-tac-toe:


I chose the elements Balloon, Banner and Aqua. I knew my Birdie Brown Party Dog image would be perfect, along with this fun MME Lime Twist paper and gorgeous Tiffany Blue cardstock from Paper and More.


I don't have a banner stamp or die cut, so I fashioned my own template from a piece of scrap paper and used it to cut my own banners (which are diamond shapes folded in half over a piece of Doodlebug baker's twine).

Other than fiddling with the banner (this was my first time making one), this card was quick to put together. I just love coloring in this image and use it for birthday cards whenever I can. :)

I'm also entering my card into the following challenges:
Pile It On - Happy Birthday
CAS on Sunday - Happy Birthday
The Ribbon Girl - use ribbon or twine (I used both)
Craft Your Passion - Banners
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Mothers Day or Birthday
Charisma Cards - use at least 5 different DPs (I have 2 on my card base and used 3 different DPs for my banners)

Now I am off to make dinner, which is decidedly less fun than making cards! I'll be back later this week with some Mothers Day and Easter cards, as well as a new Totally Papercrafts Challenge on Thursday. See you then!
Lisa

4 comments:

Deonna B said...

Gorgeous Pastel colored card and your coloring is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with TTCRD this week.

Tracy said...

Adorable! You won me over with the Birdie Brown doggie. LOL Great job on your banner. I usually cheat and cut out a large star die cut and then cut off the points. hugs!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

Awesome!!!
Thank you for joining us at charisma!!!

K Clark said...

love the colours and cute image!!!
thanks for joining us at PIO - we have started a new challenge today - hope to see you back there - Kimberly DT