Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Early Bird

I'm definitely not the early bird with this week's WWW card. Oh well, I don't like worms anyway. ;-) I'm lucky I managed to get this card photographed at all tonight. After many, many unsuccessful attempts, I finally had success using my daughter's SD card in my camera. The good news is that it's just a bad memory card and not a problem with the camera. Whew!

It took me forever to play around with the composition of this card until it felt right. Once I did, though, it came together really quickly thanks to TAC's Amerbeley Grace (V-840) paper. It looks like I spent a long time distressing the aqua background paper, but the awesome sponging technique is part of the paper's design. All I added was some stitching, edge distressing with my Heidi Swapp distressing  tool, and a quick swipe of Tea Dyed Distress Ink on the exposed white edges.


My image (this cute bird from the Sunflowers set) was stamped onto one of the tags that comes with the AG paper. I mounted the tag on a scalloped circle punched from some of TAC's Brown cardstock and added a bit of color with my Copics. Voila! I have a very detailed focal image with very little effort. I love how the tag coordinates with the background paper, too.
Lisa

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Great card. I need to use that bird. Thanks for the inspiration.