Friday, July 20, 2012

A Brand New Sponsor!

Welcome! It's my turn to host the weekly challenge at Totally Papercrafts, so I've chosen this photo of my dog, Dixie, to use as an inspiration photo. You can use this photo as inspiration in any way you want - use the colors, or a dog or a chair, or a "relaxing" theme.


This is one of Dixie's favorite spots in the house. (Despite the fact that my husband talked me into buying an off-white chair because "the dog can't possible fit in it"! lol!) She looks pretty comfy, doesn't she? :)

This week we are excited to have TWO sponsors (and thus TWO prizes!) at Totally Papercrafts. In addition to our regular sponsor, Meljen Designs, we have a new sponsor, Mayzy Art. I discovered Mayzy's work while blog hopping one day and loved her funky style.


For my card, I decided to take Dixie's cue and go with a "relaxation" theme. I knew Mayzy's Texting Teen image would be perfect!


The alpha dp in the bottom left corner is some paper leftover from my TAC days. The scale's a little off, but I thought the letters reinforced the texting theme. My 13 year old gave me advice on choosing colors for my image. I never would've chosen green (yuck!) for his shirt - but she was right. :) I knew he needed some embellishments (those are SO hard to choose for a guy card!) so I typed up some "text messages" on my computer and added those to my card. I sponged black ink around the edges of all my card elements to reinforce the grunge/Goth look.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Pile It On Challenges - Kick Back and Relax
The Poodles Parlour - Use a Digi
Mark's Finest Papers - Masculine Birthday cards (mine's not specifically birthday, but I designed it with that use in mind)


Head on over to the Totally Papercrafts blog to check out how the other girls interpreted my challenge this week. :) And be sure to participate this week for a chance at a prize for one of our TWO sponsors!
Lisa

14 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

Great card Lisa. And yes, the green t shirt is perfect :)

Susan x

Kim said...

great card Lisa! my teenagers have mobiles permanently attached to them! love that pic of Dixie by the way!
Kim x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Lisa your card is fantastic. Great colouring and layout. Our cat use to fit in the tightest of places so I am not surprised your baby is fond of this chair. Sorry I messed up your challenge by using a wolf. Lol!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

carol said...

hi super card....fab image x carol

Laine said...

Hi Lisa, Fabulous card, love that image and wonderful design picture and inspiration. I really enjoyed this challenge.
Hugs
Laine
X

Wendy said...

Great card Lisa, what a fab image...enjoy the weekend.
Wendy xx
Dixie is adorable, give her a cuddle from me.

Theresa's Studio said...

Cool card for a "dude". Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends.

sue w. said...

Hi Lisa, great challenge. Your card is fab, I'm rubbish at he cards but this image is a perfect teen image. I love the green tshirt it really works and the inked edges. Love Dixie too, how cute is she. We had a lab and they are fabulous dogs.
Hope you get some sunshine this weekend.
Hugs Sue W.

Anne said...

Fab card Lisa, love the image, perfect for any teenage lad
Anne x

stampingbowd said...

Oh my goodness this one made me chuckle! Our teenage son says and texts "sup" all the time!!! One day I hadn't heard that word and the next I hear it all the time!! This image definitely catches the teens right now! Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends!

~ Barb said...

Awesome image, perfectly colored and embellished! And you're right, Dixie looks ridiculously comfortable, lol. Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
{Hugs} Barb, DT

ahlers5 said...

Lisa, I love this card. The text messages are a perfect touch. I was completely off on this challenge. I need to put my thinking cap on a little better next time.

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
Helen x

BethieJ said...

FANTASTIC card!!!
Thank You for joining us last week at PIO! Have a GREAT day!