Friday, December 16, 2011

Partying with Totally Papercrafts!

Welcome to this week's Totally Papercrafts, Time to Party! Our sponsor this week is Karen's Doodles. I chose this adorable giraffe image. It's not your typical "party" image, but to me those giraffes look like they are having an awful lot of fun together! I made this card for my oldest daughter who loves giraffes and loves singing in her school choir. (In fact, she went to a carolling "party" last week where they surprised their choir director by showing up at his house to sing.)


At first, I was worried about what paper I could possibly use for a Christmas card with this much brown and yellow. Fortunately, I bought this Bo Bunny 6X6 pad the last time I was at Archiver's. The brown dots go with the giraffes nicely and it already had the swirl design printed along the bottom edge of the paper. The snowflakes were cut with my Cricut using the Winter Woodland cartridge.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
http://blog.icopic.com/ - holidays
http://mymumscraftshopchallenges.blogspot.com/ - cute and funky Christmas
http://cupcakecraftroom.blogspot.com/ – Christmas Traditions


Be sure to head on over to Totally Papercrafts to check out the rest of the DT's cards. TGIF!!!!
Lisa

7 comments:

Sue said...

Hi hun
fabulous card, great image & colouring, have lovely weekend, sue,x

Turtle In The Sand said...

Oh Lisa I love this one. I almost did it myself, but yours turned out much cuter than what I envisioned.

Merry Christmas and enjoy your schools-out time with your kids. Hugs, Linda

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Lisa, love the image and colours....hope you have a great weekend.
Wendy xx

Stressed Stamper said...

Spotty papers go perfect with the 3 singers
Have a great xmas and New Year
Hugs
Sarah x

Gaynor Greaves said...

What a gorgeous card, thanks for joining us for our challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Rom-a said...

Ale fajne, świetne kolory mają, bardzo wiosenne tchnienie :)

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ha ha! So cute - this image just makes me smile.
Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2012.
Caroline xxx