Wednesday, February 17, 2010

DP2 Challenge #18

Things have settled down and I'm happy to be back participating in challenges again. Last week, I was able to participate in Mo Manning's DP2 Challenge and waited anxiously for the this week's challenge to be announced. Oh no! The new challenge was a color challenge - use red, white and pink along with a heart on your card. I love it! The problem was THIS was my card last week. Hmm, seems the red/pink/white/heart thing had just been done...

I still wanted to participate but didn't want to make a traditional Valentine card again. So, I came up with this card:


This is Valentines Day card that I'll put away to give my teenage daughter next year. I wanted the dog and cat to resemble our pets, so the dog has yellow Lab coloring and the cat resembles our cat Tiger. (That's Tiger you see up top in my blog banner. You can see a picture of Dixie on this post.) I had a lot of fun coloring in this image!

2 comments:

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A really gorgeous card with a beautifully coloured image x
Thanks for joining us at Mo's challenge this week x

The Wired Angel said...

Beautifully done.. and it's a great image of Mo's. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Mo's challenge. Hugs, Peggy