Friday, February 5, 2010

Fab Friday

Well, this was not a fab Friday, to say the least. I found out today that I get to keep my job (yay!) but that a work friend did not. :-( I found out before she did and it really put me in awkward position since I wasn't allowed to say anything (not that I wanted to be the one to break the news anyway, but...). Ugh. So, this sunny little card is just what the doctor ordered:

The layout is based on a terrific sketch from the Magnolia Down Under challenge blog. I got this cute little Tilda image in a swap on Split Coast Stampers, so I'm not sure which one she is. I colored her in with Copics, cut her out and then glued her on the circle so her legs overlapped the ribbon.

Now for the Fab Friday section of this post! :) The center flower is a great little embellishment trick I learned from the uber talented Angel, Barb Foster. Check out this tutorial to make your own. It's fun!

2 comments:

Danni said...

I'm glad you get to keep your job, so sorry about your co-worker.
Love this card..it's so pretty and happy!

Debbie Pamment said...

Work politics are never fun - I have just resigned from mt job because of the politics - soo sad!
Your beautiful cheery card is perfect for a pick-me-up - as you say - just what the doctor ordered.
Thanx for playing along at MDUC
xXx