Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Curling Up with a Good Book


Another snow day, another card. :) I also curled up with a good book part of the day - The Dead Shall Not Rest, a murder mystery set in 18th century England. (I love historical fiction!) So, it's fitting that today's card features the book loving Lucy from Kraftin' Kimmie.

Supplies: Lucy (Kraftin Kimmie), pink swirl dp (Paper Studio),
heart dp (Basic Grey), Close to Cocoa ribbon (CM), small roses (Recollections - Michaels),
burgundy rose (Paper Studio), Copic markers, rhinestones (Paper Studio),
Winter Wonderland cartridge (Cricut), sewing machine.

This week's Kraftin Kimmie challenge was fussy cutting. Coincidentally, the Sunday Showcase challenge on the Designed to Color FB page was to fussy cut part of your image. (I've fussy cut around her feet and around the book at the bottom.) And while browsing through my KK stamps, I found this Lucy stamp which I had completely forgotten that I'd purchase. And guess what the current Simon Says Stamp challenge is? Yep, use a stamp that hasn't seen any ink in a while. I'm entering my card into all of the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp and Show - A stamp you love but don't use
Kraftin Kimmie - Fussy Cutting
Oozak - Anything goes with favorite colors (my favorite color combo is pink and brown)
The Sweetest Thing - sketch 178
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - use your favorite color (pink)
Addicted to Stamps and More! - anything goes but must use a stamp
7KidsCollegeFund Challenge Blog - anything goes (you can find Lucy here)

I was really glad to get a chance to play along with Karen's sketch. I always check out her sketch on FB but somehow never manage to find time to join in. I guess there's a silver lining to all those snow days!

Well, it's back to work tomorrow for at least a few days.  (The weather forecasters keep taunting us with the threat of another snow storm and we are all hoping they are completely wrong!!) Stay safe and warm wherever you are!
Lisa
P.S. If you're wondering how I used the Winter Wonderland Cricut cartridge on my card - the swirls on either side of the rose were antlers on a deer. They make pretty good swirls, though, don't they? :)

10 comments:

Emma H said...

Fabulous card - great colouring and an adorable image! Thanks for joining us at Oozak!

sue w. said...

Hi Lisa, love this colour combo and th image is a cutie. Love the swirls too.
We've had a bright sunny day albeit very cold but really feels like spring is on the way.
Hugs Sue W.

Ulyth said...

Found this blog from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. Beautiful work and I admire your devotion to the animal shelter. these are my two loves too, animals and art. I will add this blog to my follower list :-) Beautiful Work!

Kylie said...

Great colours, great image and great stamping. Love it! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

Canonbury creations said...

Love this image Lisa and so beautifully coloured! Thanks for playing along at ATSM
Val x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

She sure is cute...could be my daughter. Love your coloration as well! Thanks for stamping with us this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh I love that image - it totally reminds me of my daughter who seems to always be curled up with a book. I love how you fussy cut it so that her feet hang over the circle. Darling card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love that image and the pink colour scheme looks great.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

Cazro said...

A lovely card, with a super image. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More. Caz

Deanne Saunders said...

Love it! It's adorable! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S PAPER CRAFTY challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~