Sunday, February 24, 2013

With Sympathy

Recently DH asked me for two sympathy cards to send friends of the family. I didn't have any already made, so I went off to my newly cleaned (thanks to the snow days) craft room. For both of my cards I used the poppy from the Sketchy Flowers set, the current offer of the month from DigiStamp Boutique. These beautiful flowers would be suitable for all sorts of happy occasions (birthday, Mothers' Day, anniversary, etc.). However, their stately elegance also makes them appropriate for more somber occasions such as this.


Frou-frou isn't my thing anyway, but I kept the layouts simple, the colors muted and the embellishments to a minimum. I don't like to see a lot of bling on a sympathy card and I wanted these to go travel through the US Postal system safely.

I am submitting my cards into the following contests:
Sentimental Sundays - Flowers, Flowers, Flowers
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Penny's Challenges - Anything Goes

I'm still working on birthday cards and plan on getting together with a friend later to work on some spring themed cards. So there will be more cards coming...
Lisa

10 comments:

Cathy said...

Two very beautiful cards. It is amazing how one image can make each card look so different when you change one element like changing papers and adding a bow. I love both equally....

Kim said...

such beautiful elegant cards Lisa.
Kim x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

These are so beautiful Lisa. Stylish, elegant and absolutely perfect. Love them...Sally-Ann :o)

Olivia said...

Lovely job. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Pamela said...

Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge with your beautiful card.

Pam x

Ellen said...

Your card and flowers are perfect for the occasion. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Hope to see you again next week.
Ellen

Sandy S said...

Beautiful card... perfect...

Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays....

Sandy S
SSDT

Julia said...

Gorgeous creation, love your colors and the image.
Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
Hugs,
Julia

Helen said...

Beautiful and just perfect for sympathy cards.

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Love
Helen

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

lovely