Friday, June 5, 2009

A Passion for Pink

I have made a few uncharacteristically bright cards lately, and I was just dying to get back to my favorite color - calm, cuddly, soft pink. I chose these papers from my scrap pile for this first card because they seemed to go well with the image. This card is for the sketch challenge over on the Penny Black blog. It uses the adorable kitty image from the Party Critters set. The two butterflies on the top of the image are actually separate stamps (separate from the main image). I really like that the set includes butterflies that face in opposite directions. Sometimes I want an image that faces one direction but the stamp faces another. This way, you've got the "right" butterfly either way.

I didn't have a set color scheme in mind when I started on this card, which I made for this week's Sketch Saturday challenge. I decided to use the same papers because I liked them and it made it easier to whittle down my scrap pile by using more of my existing scraps. This card uses one of the adorable Kettos from Stamping Bella. (I received her in an image swap, so I'm not sure which Ketto she is.) It doesn't show up well in the photo, but I used some pink ultrafine glitter on her wings to make them extra sparkly.

2 comments:

Danni said...

Super cute! Love them both!

cabio's craft corner said...

Those are cute cards. I also have those nice and thick DP.
Hugs,
Cabio