Thursday, June 25, 2009

Urban Tilda

Today I received something TERRIFIC in my mail - my images from Lisa's Monthly Magnolia image swap on SplitCoastStampers! It is a terrific swap - I got lots of great images! I recommend it, especially if (like me) you Magnolia collection is still small. I absolutely *had* to make a card with one of the images, so I made a summertime card for the Just Magnolia and Scrappy Frogs challenge blogs.

I still had my Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper out from making last night's Gingersnaps card. I remembered that it had this cute patterned paper with bees, so I just had to use it! :) Did you notice my little embellishment on top? I just cut out one of the six-sided (sextagon?) shapes with a bee and matted it on a piece of the aqua paper from the same paper stack. Instant, low-cost matching embellishment!

8 comments:

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

this card is absolutely adorable. the paper is perfect! thank you for playing with us at scrappy frogs!

cabio's craft corner said...

What a precious card you made. Love the yellow & aqua color combo!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon Caudle said...

Very cute! She's adorable and your coloring is great! Adorable card
hugs

Anonymous said...

This is adorable and I love the paper you paired with it!
--Becca

Jacque said...

Lisa, she is just so cute...that paper just makes her so cheerful!!! Lovely card!!! HUgs..Jacque

Katie said...

Super card and the perfect paper choice!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

She's beeeeeutiful!!!

Cheri said...

Your coloring is great (her face is very realistic). And I love the hexagon addition as embellishment.