Friday, March 27, 2009

Bunnies and Blossoms

Whew! I have been busy cleaning out and reorganizing my craft room, as well as listing a bunch of my stuff to sell over on SplitCoastStampers. Not much stamping time, although I've made some "shopping money" and my room is starting to look better.

I did, however, get this card made and mailed out for one of TAC's monthly contests, Blossoms and Bunnies. After last week's MFT Idol challenge, I find myself hooked on masking! I had a lot of fun making this card. I was inspired by the sugar Easter eggs I remember from my childhood - the kind with a little spring scene when you peered through the opening in the sugar egg.


The girl was stamped on the white cs and masked off. Her skirt is paper pieced. I sponged the sky using the same template I used for the MFT challenge. I used my oval cutter to create an opening in the colored cardstock, like a photo mat. The bunnies were stamped on white, cut out and the bunny with the grass was adhered with pop-dots to add dimension to the scene. I adhered the flower sequins by stitching the centers with French knots and cut the leaves freehand from a scrap of green cardstock.

Supplies: Garden Joy and Happy Easter stamp sets, DCWV cardstock, TAC white cardstock, Designer Collection paper - Gentle Beginnings, Prismacolor pencils, Tombow markers, Palette inks in Noir, Jardin Moss and Cote D'Azure, white Fun Flock and Pastel Sequin Flowers, all from TAC. Non TAC supplies: Creative Memories Shapemaker Cutting System - Oval, pop dots, sheer pink ribbon, yellow DMC embroidery floss.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

OMG ... this is the cutest card ever that I've seen with this set. I absolutely love it and love how you added the bunnies from another set to the scene. Great Job!

Sheri said...

Just adorable!!! I love the flocking too!!!

Candy said...

Oh this is the cutest card!!
Great job in all ways :o)

Hot Berry Designs said...

I love this card, you did a beautiful job

Diana said...

Oooh, I love this one!