Monday, March 23, 2009

It's a "Masquerade"!

This week's MFT Idol challenge was to use masking on your card. I used my new "By the Seashore" set and turned it into a spring scene. I wanted to celebrate Spring and the fact that Dixie and I can go on nice long walks together now without freezing!

Here's a closeup of the sponging/masking technique. I made the cloud template myself from a piece of scrap cardstock.

On the stamp, she is carrying a pair of sandals. The set includes a hat stamp, so I stamped, colored & cut that and placed it over the sandals. I drew in the grass and stems/leaves with my Tombow markers. The flowers were cut from stamped hat images.

Supplies: By the Seashore (MFT Stamps), floral paper from DCWV floral glitter stack, Tim Holtz Distress inks in Faded Jeans and Vintage Photo, Versafine black ink, basecard made with PTI cardstock (assorted cardstock pack), Copic and Tombow markers, Prima flowers, flower punches, brads.

2 comments:

Diana said...

*LOVE* it! The masking is EXCELLENT.

Melody said...

I really like your card! I just love the scene you set. Your clouds are perfect. I seem to have trouble getting that soft look. Love your color choices.