Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Year of Sketches

Amy R's blog, Prairie Paper and Ink was one of the first blogs I ever bookmarked. I love her cards & her sketches. To celebrate one year of sketches, she offered a prize for participating in her weekly sketch. Here's my card, which uses one of my favorite color schemes, brown and aqua:


I've had this new stamp set from TAC for over a week and haven't had a chance to ink it up yet. It was fun to finally get to use it! I tried a new technique, too - I watercolored the bunny with my Aquapainter and my Palette Burnt Umber ink pad. (Her dress and patches are paper pieced.) Since the blue paper and image have sort of a shabby chic/vintage look to them, I sponged the edges of my card components. After reading Beate's sponging tutorial on SCS, I am much happier with my results.

Supplies: Some Bunny (TAC), Rustic Chic printed paper (TAC), Brown and Ivory cardstock (TAC), Palette Burnt Umber ink, Aquapainter brush, pink Prismacolor pencil, Prima flowers, brads, ribbon from Michaels.

1 comment:

Danni said...

This is such a pretty card! I got this set and still haven't inked it up! Great card!