Sunday, March 15, 2009

Magnolia

This is my card for the Magnolia Meets Stampavie "Mothers' Day" Challenge:


I originally created this card for their sketch challenge, but I had the dates mixed up and I missed the deadline. However, she was the perfect Magnolia for Mothers' day with her tray of fresh homemade cookies. (My mother loves to bake!) Here's a closeup of Tilda. I used my clear Spica glitter pen on her wings and used pink & red hole less beads as "sprinkles" for her cookies.

I haven't always been happy with my attempts at sponging the edges of my images. I read this great tutorial from Beate Johns over on SCS and learned I'd been doing it wrong. I sponged the ink Beate's way and was much happier with the results!

Supplies: Baking Tilda (Magnolia), COPIC markers, Fiskars Threading Water border punch, printed paper from Target, clear Spica glitter pen, hole less beads, Palette Bella Rose ink, pink foam heart glitter stickers from Hobby Lobby, TONIC corner rounder.

No comments: