Saturday, April 18, 2009

Alfie

My only sibling is a girl. My only two cousins are both girls. My kids are both girls. My dog? Yep, a girl. Besides poor DH, the only known males in my household are the cat (who we originally thought was a girl) and the guinea pig. (The jury's out on the two snakes.)

So, suffice it to say I don't need use many "boy stamps". But I really love the "Alfie - Collection 1" set of digital stamps from Grab A Doodle Do. Most boy stamps are of cutesy, little boys. I like Alfie because he's a little older, a little cooler. I could see myself making a card for my 14 year old nephew with one of these stamps.

Today I used Alfie images on two sketch challenge cards. The first is for a challenge over on Just Christmas and Birthday Cards:


I made a few changes to this sketch, starting with turning it on its side. Since Alfie's definitely not into that girly stuff, I skipped the bow and replaced the flowers with some very masculine antique copper brads. Voila! A perfect birthday card for your favorite young man.

I made this card for a sketch challenge over on Crafts 4 Eternity. Being a dog lover, I'm kind of partial to this image of Alfie with his dog. :-)


OMG, did that little tag ever cause me heartache! The first time I stamped on the shiny side of the tag, so the ink smeared while I was handling it. The second time I fiddled with the twine too much and pulled it through the top of the tag, tearing the tag. The third time, I stamped For You upside down. Ugh! I'm just glad it finally came out right!

I usually wind up playing around too much with my Copics to even attempt to list the colors used, but Alfie was pretty straight forward. I used Skin White, Prussian Blue and Manganese Blue for his jeans, Lime for his shirt, a combination of Sepia and Sand for his hair, Sand for his dog, and Burnt Umber and Sepia for his shoes.

7 comments:

lil-paper-pixie said...

I can see why you like Alfie he is adorable, love the card. Thanks for playing along with us at C4E.

Hugs
Sarah

pinky said...

Your cards are so beautiful, love the clean crisp lines. Lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at C4E last week, we have a great new challenge on today.
Pinky

kc_froglady said...

you have done a super job with portraying Alfie in both cards! Great colors too. I agree it is hard to find boy stamps that aren't geared towards the little folk! Thanks for playing with us at C4E too! Hope you come back again!

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful Cards! I love the colours!

Thanks for joining us this week!

Hugs Tanja
(JCBC Team)

michele said...

fab card i can see why you like alfie he is cute!! thanks for joining in with the c4e challenge
hugs mx

Frau Ninchen said...

great card!
great job with my sketch ;-)

thanks for joining us!

xoxo janina

Christy Dillman said...

Love both cards! Colors ar great and those images are too cute! thanks for joiing us this week at
C4E!

Hugs,
Christy-C4E DT member