Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

As promised in yesterday's post, here's my round up of cards from "time travelling through the holidays"...

First stop - St. Patty's Day. I made this card for the "Yellow and Green" challenge over on Simon Says Challenge, using a "Lily & Milo" stamp from Rachel Anne Miller. I had the *worst* time trying to take a picture of this card. I don't know if all the green threw off my camera's settings or what! I bought this stamp in St. Louis along with the printed paper. I love that paper so much I hated to cover it up, even with Lily. :-)

Next up - Thanksgiving. This card started off as a partially finished project from an SU! stamp club meeting I attended with a friend. I performed some major rehab, adding some printed paper in the process. I almost always include printed paper in my cards now - I think it adds a lot of interest. The original card was also "naked", so I added an American Crafts button tied with Scrappers Floss as an embellishment. Scrappers Floss is great!! It's made from paper and very thin so you can thread it through buttonholes - no needle needed!


Next stop - Christmas. I'm behind in the monthly Christmas Card challenge over on Splitcoast, so I needed to come up with a quick card to help me get caught up. This little cutie is from the Christmas Collection of digi stamps from Grab A Doodle Do. It's hard to see in the photo, but this striped paper is glittered, giving the card a little "extra" without having to add another layer or embellishment. I love sitting in my craft room for hours playing with all my embellies & papers but sometimes you need something cute & quick!


Whew! Like Peter, I did finally arrive back at Easter. Here's the make-n-take we did at the crop yesterday, which uses the Happy Easter set from TAC. I love the collection of coordinating buttons & paper and felt flowers in the "Lemonade" Buttons & Blossoms embellishment boxes! It made it easy for everyone to find a coordinating button & flower.


Happy Easter! Blessed Passover!

7 comments:

Danni said...

How fun! Love them all!! Great job!

Lorraine A said...

What a fab collection of cards, they re all just lovely ! I can see why you don't like to cover the paper on the 1st one, it is gorgeous !!

Thanks for joining the Simon says Challenge :-)
Lorraine

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

SO beautiful! Rachelle Anne Miller makes the cutest images to stamp, doesn't she!?


We are honored to have you on the Simon Says Stamp Store challenge blog, Thanks a million ;)
Heidi

Mephisto said...

Hi,
that are beautiful Works.


Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge.

Domi

Cindy Haffner said...

All these cards are so pretty.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards, love them all but my faves are the first one and the bunny one.
luv
Debby

Courtney said...

The Thanksgiving one looks so classy, and the others are super cute!