Friday, April 24, 2009

Secretaries' Week

I always give little gifts to the secretaries at both girls' schools. Jessica's school has 6 secretaries, so I try to keep the gift to something small and inexpensive. I bought these Laura Ashley post-it notes and little trinket boxes a long time ago in Michael's dollar section. Jess helped me fill the boxes with Dove chocolates and tie the post it notepad and box together with ribbon. I stamped the tag with a flower dollar stamp from Michael's and a retired sentiment from TAC.


I gave the secretaries at Ali's school notepads, etc. at Christmas so I bought them each a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble and made bookmarks with "Reading Flopsey" from My Favorite Things stamps. (Bookmarks are great for using up your ribbon and paper scraps!)


I packaged up the gift cards, bookmarks and a few Dove chocolates into white paper lunch bags that I stamped with the same flower stamp that I used on the tags above.

For those who don't know, I'm a secretary at a local high school. I had a very nice week. Our principal actually serves all the secretaries lunch! My gifts included a Barnes & Noble gift certificate - I love to use those to indulge in my favorite stamping magazine, Craft Stamper. It's from the U.K., so it's a little pricier and harder to find than U.S. stamp magazines, but I love the projects and detailed instructions. I even enjoy looking at the ads, seeing products from some of the U.K. based products.

4 comments:

Velta said...

What precious gifts...They are gonna love these hand made cuties :)

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Gorgeous!!...and very special and kind gifts....xx

MarieL said...

Love the little boxes, absolutely cute.

Anonymous said...

Usually I don't learn article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice article.
Take a look at my homepage - view