Monday, April 6, 2009

One Layer challenge

The Hero Arts blog is celebrating their one year birthday with challenges and prizes. Here's my entry for the "One Layer" challenge:

I just bought this Hero Arts set yesterday at Archiver's on my trip with Diana. It's a lot of fun to play with! I did some reverse masking and sponged Versamagic Tea Leaves ink all over the tree. I used my Copic markers to color the details and add "grass".

Making a one layer card is much harder than it sounds! The really tricky part to this card was stamping two birds. There is only one little bird stamp and he faces left. I wanted a second bird to be looking back at him. I used the technique of "reverse stamping" to make a second bird, which I then colored, cut & glued to the tree with my trusty Sakura glue pen.

Supplies: Trees, Birds & Messages (Hero Arts), Copic markers, Versamagic Tea Leaves ink, Versafine black ink, sheer ribbon (HL or Mike's), iridescent white 3D fabric paint (flower centers).

No comments: