Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kewpiesta!

People around here take their Kewpies seriously! Yes, that may sound odd, but trust me - they do. The illustratror, Rose O'Neill built a house called Booniebrook in the Ozarks area of MO so she's sort of considered a "home town girl". (She was actually a very progressive woman for the time.) The mascot of the school where I work is a Kewpie, so some of our students are going to the annual Kewpiesta event. I'm sending some Kewpie cards for them to sell for me:



I don't use white core cardstock a lot, but I do like to use it with my Cuttlebug folders to get this effect. The black cs is run through the Cuttlebug using the music notes folder, then sanded to expose the white inner core of the cardstock.

It took me a LONG time to find Kewpie stamps. This cute little guy is from a set by Crafty Secrets.

1 comment:

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wow....stunning....love the distressed effect you achieved....really gorgeous..xx