Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's All There in Black and White

I'm so proud of myself. I just got this stamp set today and already have made my first card with it! (As soon as I saw it, I wanted it!) I made this card for Amy Rysavy's most recent weekly sketch challenge. If you've never checked out her site, Prairie Paper and Ink, you really need to head on over there. My friend Stephanie told me about it and I've been a regular reader ever since.


I love this free new digital paper download from The Angel Company! (Isn't free cardmaking stuf the best?!) And I really like this ribbon from the "Black and White Ribbon" collection. Whenever I've bought this double stitched ribbon at Michaels or Hobby Lobby, it's been very thick, stiff and hard to work with. This ribbon is much thinner; it was easy to make a neat, tiny little knot with it. This was really a fast and fun card to make!

Supplies: Floral Vines (TAC), digi Black and White paper (TAC), Scarlet cardstock (TAC), Prismacolor pencils, black brad (flower center), ribbon (TAC), Palette Noir ink, distressing tool, card base made from white cardstock (PTI), buttons (Making Memories).

3 comments:

Jen Carter said...

This is a gorgeous card!! Love it!

Danni said...

This is awesome! I have this set and only thought of using it as an accent, not as a focal point! Great job!! So elegant!

AmyR said...

Fun card! Love the crispness of the black red and white combo! Thanks for playing along!