Saturday, April 25, 2009

Everyday Inspiration

Have you ever felt that your stamping mojo was MIA? Mine has definitely been missing this week while I've battled a sinus infection. A good way to get your mojo back is to look around you to find inspiration. Maybe it's the spring flowers outside. Or the colors in the new outfit you just bought. Find something you love and see if you can translate it into a stamping project.

For me, my inspiration was my new quilt. Despite not feeling great yet, I couldn't wait to find time in my stamp room today to make a card based on the colors in my quilt. This is my new bedding:

In real life, it's a little darker and the squares that look cream colored are actually a pale silvery aqua. Here's the card:

I used the colors in the quilt as well as the floral and paisley prints to inspire my card. This patchwork background is another great way to use up scraps. I used a square punch but if you're accurate with your measurements, you could cut them with a papercutter.

So, look around and find something that inspires you this weekend! :)

Supplies: Floral Vines and Paisley Rockz stamps (TAC), Designer Collection papers in Metropolis (retired) and Gentle Beginnings (TAC), Rustic Chic paper (TAC), ivory and kraft cardstock (TAC), brown cardstock (DCWV), Burnt Umber Palette ink and Tim Holtz Distress ink in Faded Jeans, ribbon from Michael's, Prismacolor pencils.

1 comment:

MarieL said...

I really like this card Lisa, love the blue and brown color combo.